In The Morning You Hear My Voice


A reading for Wednesday, April 1 2020: Psalm 5

"O Lord, in the morning you hear my voice; in the morning I plead my case to you, and watch."
-Psalm 5

It's been nearly three years since my last blog post. On June 1, 2017 I decided to take a sabbath from a practice I had held for 5 years. Almost 800 posts. Seems like a long time ago... Since we are living in a strange time, it seems like perhaps a time to revisit some old things that previously had meaning and purpose. Like family dinner, walks through the neighborhood, and even blogging a daily devotion.

The Psalmist in Psalm 5 seems to remember a past when God was faithful. When faithfulness to God was rewarded and evil and wickedness was judged. It's comforting to remember that God rules even over all things; viruses, economic downturns, confusion, fear, new normals, and even death.

We stay faithful, like the Psalmist, because we remember that God has brought us through in the past and will bring us into the future again. No matter what that future might be.

"...For you bless the righteous, O Lord; you cover them with favor as with a shield."



Comments

Popular Posts