Take Me To The Alley

A reading for Tuesday, January 10, 2017: Malachi 3:1-4.

The messenger brings comfort to the afflicted and affliction to the comfortable. The messenger brings words of righteousness. The messenger brings hope!

When all are together in peace, then the message will be fulfilled. "Then the offering of Judah and Jerusalem will be pleasing to the Lord as in the days of old and as in former years."

I love this song by Gregory Porter (listen):

Well they build their houses in preparation for the king
And they line the sidewalks
With every sort of shiny thing
They will be surprised
When they hear him say
Take me to the alley
Take me to the afflicted ones
Take me to the lonely ones
That somehow lost their way
Let them hear me say
I am your friend
Come to my table
Rest here in my garden
You will have a pardon

Comments

Popular Posts