Ezekiel Was With The Lord

A reading for Thursday, March 31, 2016:  Ezekiel 37:1-14.

Do you not see? Can you not hear? The Lord was with Ezekiel in the desert, amidst the valley of the dry bones. The two were together, and the Lord intended to make the dry bones live again. So the Lord said to Ezekiel to prophecy to the dry bones. The Lord told Ezekiel what to say and how to do it. The Lord had decided to make the dry bones live again, and only then was Ezekiel able to participate in what God was doing. The the Lord decided to grant the Spirit to the dry bones (which was the nation of Israel), and so the Lord said again to Ezekiel to prophesy. Ezekiel saw the dry bones live and the Spirit come upon them because Ezekiel was with the Lord in the valley.

Thus says the Lord, "I am going to open your graves, and bring you up from your graves, O my people; and I will bring you back to the land of Israel. And you shall know that I am the Lord, when I open your graves, and bring you up from your graves, O my people. I will put my spirit within you, and you shall live, and I will place you on your own soil; then you shall know that I, the Lord, have spoken and will act."

Do you not see? Can you not hear? The Lord is with us too, amidst the desert places of our lives. We are together with the Lord and the Lord still intends to make the dry bones come alive. Only then can we get to participate in what God is doing in the world, and because the Lord intends to make things live again we are to prophesy so that others will know the Lord. So that the dry bones can live and others will know what the Lord's intentions are. Just like Ezekiel we can see the dry bones come alive again, because we are with the Lord.

Do you not see? Can you not hear? The Lord is with us. We are with the Lord. Thanks be to God.

Comments

Popular Posts