Calling Again... Out to God

A reading for Friday, January 8, 2016: Psalm 18:1-3.

When considering our calling in Christ, the truth is this... plain and simple. We are not just called by God to action, sent out into the world with a word of peace. We do not go even with those that are by our side, those in our congregations and in our families. There is no danger we face alone, and no place where we can go where we can be left out of the grace that is extended to each of us.

The truth is when we are called, we are actually calling out to God. We are joining with God. God is already out ahead of us, inviting us to come where God is already. To be sent is a bit of a misnomer. We are indeed sent, but sent to be with the one God who is already in the places where we are being called. We are sent to be with God.

"The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my deliverer, my God, my rock in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold."

Our calling is simply joining with what God is already doing!

Comments

Popular Posts