The Cross Is The Cost

A reading for Tuesday, March 31, 2015: John 12:20-26.

The cross is the cost.

Perhaps one of the crucial lessons of Holy Week is that faithfulness to God cost Jesus his life. The enemies of the Kingdom of Heaven were willing to kill to maintain their base of power and control. Jesus stood for justice and peace, love and dignity for all people, but those ideals were a threat to the systems in power ...and they killed him for it.

Jesus said, "Whoever serves me must follow me, and where I am, there will my servant be also." As faithful disciples we too are required to stand up for justice and peace, love and dignity for all people. We should not expect that people will welcome our ideals. We should expect that some will even see them as a threat ...the cross will cost us too.

"Whoever serves me, the Father will honor."

Comments

Popular Posts