Gathering on Christmas Eve

A reading for Christmas Eve, December 24, 2014: Luke 1:68-79.

As you finish the cooking and the shopping, lock your office up for a few days of rest, and make your way to the church tonight to celebrate again the birth of our Lord, here's a litany of gathering to reflect upon:

A Litany of Gathering (written by Brian Walsh)

The night is dark and I am far from home.
I am the light.

The hunger is unbearable.
I am the bread of life.

I am lost and confused.
I am the way.

The killing goes on and on and on and on.
I am the resurrection and the life.

And there are lies, lies and more lies.
I am the truth.

Who? Who is this great "I am"?
In the beginning was the Word
and the Word was with God
and the Word was God.

A word? Who needs a word?
How can more words help?
The Word became flesh,
and moved into the neighborhood.
So come, come and abide in the Word,
come and walk with the Word made flesh.

Come and meet Jesus.

Comments

Popular Posts