77 Times

A reading for Friday, June 20, 2014: Matthew 18:21-35.

That's it! No more...

I have had it, and just can't continue to be a part of this...

My heart is broken. How many times must I be expected to be disappointed?

A disciple asked, “Lord, if another member of the church sins against me, how often should I forgive? As many as seven times?” 

Jesus said to him, “Not seven times, but, I tell you, seventy-seven times."

"So my heavenly Father will also do to every one of you, if you (do not) forgive your brother or sister from your heart.”

Truth is, the first three lines are said by God about each of us... (read them again that way)

Yet thanks be to God, we are offered the grace and forgiveness of our God as many as seventy-seven times, and therefore we must do the same for others.

Comments

Popular Posts